Egg is a popular food for breakfast, and because of its versatility, it can be used for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert recipes. Use the right technique and your creativity so you can create yummy recipes for dinner.
- 2 large stalks celery – peeled and thin sliced on a bias
- small handful yellow celery leaves (from the core of the celery bunch), small handful whole parsley leaves (flat italian)
- 1/4 red onion – very thin sliced julienne, soft boiled eggs (carefully peeled and halved – keep yolk side facing up)
- 15-20 pieces thin bottarga “chips” (shaved pieces of bottarga di muggine, done on the thinnest setting of a Japanese mandolin)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil to taste, freshly toasted coarse bread crumbs
Toss celery, leaves, parsley, and onion in a bowl with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the eggs, yolk side up, on a plate or in a bowl. Cover the eggs with the dressed celery salad. Scatter bottarga chips across the top of the salad. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and enjoy!
Eggs are not only wonderful ingredients; they are also known for their vitamins and minerals. You can also try the egg-in-a-hole with salsa and feta cheese recipe, or you can search the web for more recipes.
- 4 bread slices2 tbsp (30 mL), butter1 tbsp (15 mL), olive oil4 eggs
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)Tostitos® Medium Salsa, 1/4 cup (60 mL)crumbled feta cheese
Using 3-inch (8 cm) round cutter, cut out circle from centre of each bread slice; reserve centres. In large, nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; cook bread slices until lightly toasted, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and crack 1 egg into hole of each bread slice. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness, approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to plates. Toast reserved bread pieces for 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Top eggs with salsa and feta cheese. Serve with toasted bread rounds.
Check out more egg recipes in the video below: